All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

JdbcOdbcDriver.finalize() line: not available


I was using Eclipse, with a Tomcat Java project, and every time I tried to start the server, I immediately jumped into debug mode, and the issue was:

JdbcOdbcDriver.finalize() line: not available


Google was no help.

I previously thought that this was the answer. I was wrong.

Finally I figured it out. I had some managed beans that were backed by a database. These managed beans were annotated @eager

When the server started the app from eclipse, they were instantiated and the tool went to the database to get the data. I had an exception thrown in the method from the database bean (a null pointer exception), and as a result, the connection to the database was being left open.


Somehow, the .metadata folder was buggered up and corrupted. I exited Eclipse. Then I went to the Eclipse workspace and copied the .metadata folder to my desktop to have a safe copy, then I deleted it in the workspace.

I re-started Eclipse. There were no projects. I imported them back in using Import > File System.

I had to fix the Build Path under the project properties and under the Window > Preferences, I had to reset the Tomcat Home. Voila, got rid of this super annoying problem.




That was the cause of the problem. Hope this helps someone.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot. That solved the problem :-)

    ReplyDelete