All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Major UIX Tip -- It's Black and White

If you ware a regular reader of this blog, you know that I have several blogs, and I am constantly experimenting with them as to optimal design to generate the most hits, the greatest user experience and the best UIX or user interface experience.

I decided to experiment with stickability -- how long visitors to the site would stick around for content other than that what brought them there in the first place.  I took two relatively popular blogs, and had one with a black background and one with a white background.

The white background blog continuously outperformed the black one.  After a month, I switched it.  The one that was previously black and now white, suddenly became popular again with more hits.

No one needs more black and white evidence than this.  I had previously opined that a black background on a mobile device acts like a mirror, and that a white background was better.  That was a subjective feeling before.  It appears that it is also an empirical observation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment