All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

The Fastest And Slowest Emails among the big free providers

I use all of the big free email account providers like Gmail, Yahoo, GXM, Mail.com, hotmail, etc etc.  Regular readers know that I am a data privacy freak, so every time that I have to open an account and need an email address, I do not give out my gmail because it has my real name.  I have a whole stable of free accounts.  AND, when I am asked to give another account for password recovery (or mobile phone number for that matter), I never do.

So I conducted some latency tests to see who has the fastest and slowest email.  I sent all of the tests from a linux server using the sendmail facility.  The winner by far was Gmail.  The sent messages arrived the fastest by gmail.  The loser and slowest email account was Yahoo.  I am not surprised.

The only discordant note about the speed of gmail, is that I bet Google reads my email   The ads on my gmail folder prove it.

3 comments:

  1. GMAIL IS SOOO SLOW. when i entered my gmail account for a confirmation email, it took half an hour! But when i entered my yahoo account, it arrived aLmost five seconds after it was sent. I repeated this 5x so i could be sure it wasn't a fluke, but SAME RESULTS. Yahoo mail is evidently a better mail provider than gmail. Goodbye to my gmail account. HELLOOOOOO YAHOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been waiting for a half hour or more for a confirmation email to arrive on yahoo and it hadn't this is the first time though ... usually it arrives within minutes (though never immediately as it should)

      Delete
  2. YAHOO SUCKS BAD GMAIL IS AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete