All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Joomla Review


I am a regular visitor to a site built with Joomla.  As the site grows, it is one of the most frustrating sites to visit.  The content consists of photos and entries, and it is s.........l.............o..........w, sssssssssslllllllllllloooooooooowww, how slow can you go to load.

Not only that, but every once in awhile you get a very long wait, and then a message saying that it cannot connect to the database.  If you wait awhile, reload and then wait some more, it eventually works.

I was consulting about 5 years ago when Joomla first broke out, and one of my colleagues was singing its praises to its simplicity for creating content management.  I wasn't about to put something brand new into an enterprise system and I am glad that I didn't.  It may be good for amateur and small jobs, but Joomla gets two thumbs down from me when it comes to doing heavy lifting -- or even moderate lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment